Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Convention time















It's that time of year when paper doll collectors convene-- this year in Las Vegas.

Deanna Williams and her crew always put together a great party, whether a one-day luncheon or a full-out convention. I'll be sure to post pictures of souvenirs and sales room finds--and would love to post photos that other attendees take. I'll be busy in the raffle room helping Ron Fong, so I may not catch everything!

Here is a glimpse of one of the most beautifully drawn paper doll sets,
Big and Little Sister, Merrill, 1945.




4 comments:

  1. It took me years to get a mint set of this one and it's beautiful. Eventually I'll also be posting it at my blog.

    Looking forward to seeing what you post from the convention.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And check out the first cover at the following blog showing a little girl cutting out a paper doll:

    http://todaysinspiration.blogspot.com/2009/09/cover-story-good-housekeeping.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for alerting me to that wonderful blog.
    A mint set of this beauty--ahh, you must make the next convention!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I can only dream of going to the convention. Too far I'm afraid. But I'll look forward to your posts about this one.

    ReplyDelete