Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Boston Herald Lady scrapbooks


Beverly Micucci and Sandy Vanderpool have the most amazing play dates. Lucky convention goers get to see what they're up to, and draw inspiration, even if they don't make it to their official convention workshop. On view: scrapbooks by the artists to display the 1895 Boston Herald lady and her costumes, using genuine vintage ephemera such as calling cards, old postcards, etc. to tell a story. I love that Bev and Sandy used originals, not copies of the doll and costumes.








 I couldn't wait to try this at home. Here's one of my pages:


I need to dull the gold leaf a bit. The page is from Macbeth, in German. The lady's evening dress suggested a night out at the theater. Background paper from AC Moore picked up the colors of the dress. As I did each page, a story took shape. More later.

Of course, now I need to fill in the substantial blanks in my Boston Herald lady costume collection...

Thank you Sandy and Bev for the inspiration!









2 comments: